Today I am going to show you how to make a mixed media watchbox. The method is pretty simple but the result is beautiful and fun!
Materials required :
- One MDF Watchbox
- Modelling Paste
- Black and White Gesso
- Wooden Embellishments (Designs of Gears)
- Corrugated Sheet
- Acrylic Paints by Art Alchemy (Rose Gold, Blue Gold and Green Gold)
- First, I textured the plain box with the modelling paste. (I prefer to use the Liquitex Professional Modelling Paste)
- After letting the box dry completely, I applied the black gesso on it. (I used the one by Pebeo studio)
- Next, I coloured the wooden embellishments with the black gesso and let it dry.
- After that, I assembled the wooden embellishments on the box in a beautiful manner.
- Using the corrugate sheet, I gave texture and dimension to the box.
- Next, I coloured it with Art Alchemy Acrylic Paint. I used the colours – Opal magic Rose Gold, Blue Gold and Green Gold to give the gears a magical look.
- Finally, I applied a light layer of white gesso as touchup.